We collect information about you in a number of ways, including information you give us, information we get from others and information that is automatically collected. We may collect, among other things, your name, postal address, email address, phone number, username, password, demographic information (such as your occupation), social security number, tax id number, bank account information and other information you directly give us on our Site. For customers who have paid software services, we collect your billing details such as credit card information, banking information, and/or billing address. In addition, we may get information about you from other sources, such as your employer when they issue you options or shares. We may add this to information we get from this Site. Finally, we may collect information about the devices accessing our Site and application. Some examples of the information we collect include: type of device, what operating system is used, application information, unique device identifiers and crash data. The type of information we collect depends on the type of device used and its settings. We may automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log, among other things, your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, location, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site.
We also collect third party data and information. We may receive data about organizations, industries, website visitors, marketing campaigns, and other matters related to our business from affiliates, subsidiaries, partners, or others that we use to make our own information better or more useful. This data may be combined with other information we collect and might include aggregate level data.
We use your personal information in a number of ways. A non-extensive list of the ways we may use personal information is as follows:
- We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve the website, products, and services. This includes use of other information to support delivery of our services under contract, assist with service request, monitor for errors, remedy security or technical issues, analyze website and application performances.
- We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions, verify permission access, and provide customer service.
- We use your personal information to setup your user account, correspond with you, and otherwise enable and facilitate your usage of our services.
- We use your personal information to help you agree to, close, and otherwise participate in securities transactions.
- We use your personal information to assure us, and parties to transactions, of the valid issuance, ownership, vesting status, transferability, and other attributes of securities issued by third party private.
- We use your personal information to verify your identity, your status as an accredited investor or qualified purchaser if applicable, process diligence checks, and establish your eligibility and suitability for being a member of our community.
- We use your personal information to facilitate your and our compliance with various laws, regulations, and industry oversight pertaining among other things to banking, financial information, securities transactions, money laundering, terrorism, and “know your customer” rules promulgated, among other things, by the U.S. Securities Exchange Commission and the Financial Industry Regulatory authority.
- We use your personal information to protect against fraud, site misuse, privacy and security breaches, securities and other legal violations, and to fulfill and enforce agreements reached with you and others.
- We collect information by asking you to enter data into forms, by observing your account activity and usage of our services, by logging your access and activity on the Site, by your uploading of documents, and via third party information providers that among other things provide background checks to verify your identity, creditworthiness, and your eligibility and suitability to participate in transactions.
- We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices and billing, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages.
- We use your personal information to communicate system updates, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us. We may contact you to inform you about important services-related notices, such as privacy and policy update notices or changes in our terms of service. These communications are strictly necessary and you may not opt out of them.
- We use your personal information to link or combine user information with other personal information. An example is when we combine the information a company has provided about their shareholders with the information entered by shareholders in their personal portfolios to improve the user experience.
- We use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- We use your personal information to provide and deliver products and service customer requests. An example is when an employee exercises their stock options and we may provide a tax form to the company for their IRS reporting requirements.
We share your personal information in a number of ways. A non-extensive list of the ways we may share your personal information is as follows:
- We may share information per our customers’ instructions.
- We may share personal information in compliance with any applicable law.
- We may share personal information when we do or negotiate a business deal involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets in which a successor or purchaser will be operating a similar business. These deals can include any merger, acquisition or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding. Any such successor or purchaser (or recipient of information during negotiation or due diligence) will be required to comply with reasonable confidentiality restrictions with respect to personal information.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, information security and safety purposes. Examples include enforcing contracts or policies, reporting on security breaches or assisting with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
- We may share customer and user access on the customer’s account. Equity administrators for the customer, authorized users and other designated representatives may be able to add, modify or restrict access. An example is the company administrator designates a legal administrator to issue new securities on behalf of the company.
- We may share information to comply with laws and regulatory requests. Examples include responding to lawful requests and legal or regulatory processes.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us. An example is granting a Parallel employee the necessary access in order to perform his/her duties.
- We may share aggregated or anonymized data. We may disclose or use aggregated or anonymized data for any purpose. An example would be for marketing, analytics or research purposes.
- We will not share personal information with investors of the Company beyond any personal information that such investors are entitled to for customary legitimate business purposes.
- We may share other information with consent with third parties when we have consent to do so. We may engage third party companies or individuals as service providers to process information and support our services. An example would be cloud services for data center colocation and storage services.
- Customers may authorize access to customer data to third parties. An example is when a company grants their financial auditors access for annual audits.
- When you indicate an interest in a transaction, we provide information about your availability and offers, in anonymized form except as described below, unless you agree otherwise.
- If you contemplate entering into a transaction, we provide information necessary to complete, service, and enforce the terms of that particular transaction, potentially to intermediate entities such as funds and “special purpose vehicles”, as well as the organizers, managers, and fund advisers of these entities.
- We share information with third party data providers such as identity verification services, in order for them to provide their services.
- We affiliate with service providers who help us with security, fraud prevention, marketing technology, information technology, site analytics, site maintenance, software development, electronic signatures and other Site and service features, provided that all such parties will be under confidentiality duties to protect and not share any Personal Information we give them.
- We share personal information as needed with our own service providers such as our accountants, lawyers, auditors, information technology staff, payment providers, financial institutions, and advisors.
- We may create, acquire, or otherwise partner with parent, subsidiary, or affiliate business entities, trusts, or other business entities for purposes of offering financial services. These entities may use personal information under and consistent with the terms of this Policy.
- In the event of a reorganization, restructure, sale of business unit, asset sale, merger, public offering, creation of parent or subsidiary, creation of a trust or other affiliated entity, or other corporate transaction affecting Parallel, we may share personal information under a duty of confidentiality with other parties to that transaction.
- Although we sometimes refer to third party affiliates as “we” or part of the Services, please be aware that some of these entities are not under common ownership with, or controlled by, Parallel. All securities transactions (including any solicitation, engagement, brokering, closing, and clearing Transactions) are handled by affiliated broker-dealers. Further, per the terms of the transactions and other agreements you may enter into, Parallel may setup or contract with third parties to service, pool, and otherwise manage the securities that are the subject of the Transactions.
Content last updated: September 10th, 2019.